Recently I bought a new laptop for home and after the initial setup (with a Microsoft/Hotmail account), to my surprise, the wallpaper on my new computer was the same as the wallpaper on my work computer (set-up with the same account).
At first I thought this was rather cool, but then when I changed the wallpaper on my home laptop, both changed and I found this incredibly annoying.
If you have found the same, it is a simple little button to remove the synchronization.
How to: Stop the synchronization on Windows 10 between computers with the same log-on
- Click on the Windows button to show the Start menu.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on the 5th option lists ‘Sync your settings’.
- Slide the top button: Sync settings or if you only want to sync specific settings, choose the settings to sync.
- If you want to read more about the synchronization between the accounts, click on the link to take you to the help page.